Alberton Volunteer Fire Department Burn Permits

Apply for your online permit today.

Current Progress

Welcome to the Alberton Volunteer Fire Department Online Open Burn Permit Manager.

Please fill in the form to create an account and register for your first burn permit.

Already have an account? Login

Select Permit Type:

Personal Information

Do you rent or own your home?

Information for Renters

If you rent your home, your permit will require approval by your landlord before it becomes valid.

Landlord Information

Open Burn Address 1

Login Details

Confirm Your Location

Please ensure the marker on the map below indicates the correct location for your property. You may use the + and - buttons to zoom in and out, and click-and-drag the marker to place it in the correct location.

Loading map...

Loading addresses...

Your account has been successfully created!

Terms & Conditions

Please select a burn permit type.

Upload Photos for Permit (Optional)

Please upload photos, if available, of the burning site and what you intend to burn.

Select Burn Permit

Sign Here

Signature of

Notification Methods


Enabling notifications by providing one or more contact methods below will ensure that you receive important information (e.g. changes to risk level, ban status changes etc.)

Text Msg.


Phone Call

Your permit is being created.

Please DO NOT close the window during this time.

Don't forget to call!

Telephone: (807) 907-2282

Burning Permitted - Permit REQUIRED

Frequently Asked Questions

Who can obtain a burn permit?

Only residents living in approved areas can obtain a permit. Permits are conditional and may be revoked at any time.

How can I obtain a burn permit?

You may register online using this website, or you can visit us in person at the municipal office. Payment can be made online by credit card, visa debit, or PayPal. You can still pay at the municipal office in person, however payment options are cash only.

What can I burn?

Please only burn wood, wood by-products (cardboard, paper etc.) or leaves.

Do I need a permit?

A GENERAL PERMIT IS REQUIRED FOR: brush/bon fire: Size 3 cubic meters Max. Grass: Area to be burned is no greater than 1 hectare; the length of the flaming edge is less than 30 meters. AGRICULTURAL/INDUSTRIAL PERMIT IS REQUIRED FOR: oversized piles, commercial incinerator, more than one burn pile at a time, windrows, and special projects. NO PERMIT IS REQUIRED FOR THE FOLLOWING: Residential fire pit, chimenea, burning barrel and residential incinerator. Outside of not requiring a permit however all by-law conditions must be met.

How long is my permit valid for?

All permits are valid for the entire calendar year in which the permit was purchased.

Do you have to notify anyone prior to burning?

Call before you burn (for burns requiring a permit only) into the automated number at 807-907-2282 to activate your intention to burn within the next 24 hours. The current hazard rating is also provided by the automated system.

When is burning permitted?

No open air fire shall be set, lit, ignited or maintained sooner than 3 hours before sunset, and the fire must be extinguished no later than 3 hours after sunrise, unless such Open Air Fire is an Approved Agricultural/Industrial Burn Plan.